Are you ready for everything festive and Christmassy?
Let’s face it, with Lockdown 2.0 underway in England (and in many other countries), we could all do with a little early festive cheer!
These Gingerbread Hot Chocolates are part of my long-term partnership with Meridian, and are perfect for sipping snuggled up on the sofa, watching Christmas movies and the snow fall.
They are simple to make, utterly cosy and also perfectly healthy!
Best served with a good book…
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- Serves 2
- 2 cups dairy-free milk of choice (I used coconut)
- 70g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp Meridian Gingernut Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp molasses
- Cinnamon, to taste (I added 1/2 tsp)
- Ginger powder, to taste (I added 1/2 tsp)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Optional add-ins: whipped coconut cream, maple syrup to taste
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until warm, then whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth and chocolatey. Pour into mugs and enjoy immediately.