Finally I am getting round to adding the recipe for these super Fluffy Chocolate Quinoa Pancakes…! (Sorry if you’ve been waiting…)
The last few months (juggling home schooling with work, and everything in between) have recently gotten on top of me, and I have been utterly exhausted and foggy headed every day. I know many of you are in similar situations, so I just wanted to send you the biggest hug and let you know that you’re not alone.
Anyway, that’s why this recipe has taken so long to get up on the blog – and why other recipes aren’t there yet, too!
These babies are vegan, gluten-free and grain-free and packed with plant protein thanks to the quinoa flour.
Surprisingly, they are also a hit with the boys too (I say surprisingly as quinoa flour isn’t for everyone – but you can sub it for normal flour if you’d rather!), who have been snacking on these and enjoying them for lunch, too.
I hope you like them
Fluffy Chocolate Quinoa Pancakes
- Serves 2-4 (Creates 12 American-style pancakes)
- One ripe banana
- One cup dairy-free milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted butter (can use coconut yoghurt for oil-free)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa flour (can use wholemeal or white spelt flour for a more classic taste, or half quinoa flour / half spelt!)
- 3.5 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- To serve (optional) –
- Melted dark chocolate, berries
- To make the pancake batter, blend together the banana, milk, maple syrup, oil and vanilla until completely smooth. Add in the remaining dry ingredients – apart from the chocolate chips – and blend once more until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Once ready to make, heat some oil or vegan butter in a pan until melted and the pan is hot. Spoon some of the pancake mixture into the pan (I used around 2 tbsp of batter per pancake), creating pancake shapes. Scatter over a few chocolate chips. Allow to heat for around one minute – there should be plenty of bubbles on top – or until ready to flip. Flip, then cook on the remaining side for a further minute, or until completely cooked through and fluffy.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, keeping cooked pancakes warm in kitchen roll placed in an oven on a very low temp (around 100C) if desired.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, serve warm topped with melted chocolate and berries. Eat immediately.