I’m not sure why, but I’m going through a pea addiction phase at the moment. Juicy, sweet, colourful and incredibly cheap to enjoy, I’ve been going through frozen peas like lightning!
I usually cook my peas through, but I was wondering how I could get in my favourite food while the sun (finally!) shines down on the UK. This delicious Chilled Pea, Mint & Coconut Soup was the result, and it tastes so creamy and fresh!
The best thing about it is that it’s raw, vegan, dairy-free and takes just minutes to prepare (less than five minutes – two minutes if you’re keeping it raw!). Hurrah!
Anyway, one of the hardest meals to feed baby boy (he’s 8 months old) is lunch – give him sandwiches and he chucks them on the floor, spaghetti goes the same way. You get the picture…
Happily, this soup went down a treat, and he was screaming for more. Literally, screaming!
Chilled Pea, Mint & Coconut Soup
- Serves 4
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups full-fat tinned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large handfuls mint
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To garnish – sliced radishes, sprinkled Unbeelievable capsules (optional), mint sprigs
- Gently fry the spring onions and garlic until golden, or leave uncooked if you want your recipe completely raw. Allow to cool before transferring to a blender with remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Top with garnishes of choice, then serve cold immediately. You could also heat through in the cooler months, it tastes just as good! You might just want to consider leaving out half of the coconut milk and switching for veg broth, instead…