For me, there is little that beats the aroma of freshly-baked granola wafting through the air.
It makes the house seem so cosy and inviting, doesn’t it?
The problem is, granola never lasts long in our house. The boys adore it, I grab it by the handful to snack on – and then, POOF! it’s gone.
Thankfully, this simple Five-Ingredient Vegan Granola is easy to rustle up and tastes delicious!
It’s prepared in less than five minutes, and is easily customisable too! Plus, it’s completely plant-based and vegan. What more could you ask for…?
I hope you enjoy it too!
Five-Ingredient Vegan Granola
- Creates 1 batch (enough for four – depending on how greedy you are with granola!)
- 3-4 tbsp vegan butter (I use Naturli) or coconut oil (Use 4 for a chunkier granola, I used 3)
- 2.5-3 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds or seeds
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Optional add-ins: 1 tsp vanilla paste, Pinch sea salt, 100g dark chocolate chips (stir through at the end)
- Preheat oven to 150C, then line a large baking tray.
- In a large pan, gently heat the butter or oil until melted. Remove from the heat, then whisk in the maple syrup.
- Now, fold in the oats and nuts until completely coated. Add cinnamon to taste. Place on the pre-prepared baking tray and pop into the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Turn off the oven and allow the granola to cool in the oven, with the door open (this helps it to crisp).
- Once cool, store in an airtight container until ready to serve.