Are you feeling ready for Easter?
This is the only time in my life where I haven’t felt prepared for Easter weekend. I have always spent Easter with my family – the last few years, we’ve done huge egg hunts for the boys – and so to be away from them feels really strange and sad.
Anyway, you can bet that I’m going to cheer myself up with lots and lots of chocolate!
These Peanut Butter Rocky Roads are easy to make, utterly addictive – and perfect for baking with kids!
These are vegan rocky roads – of course – and combine two of my greatest loves: chocolate and peanut butter. They are a collaboration with my friends at Meridian, made using their addictive Rich Roast Smooth Peanut Butter.
If you feel like adding to your Easter chocolate indulgence (and why not?!), then these Two-Ingredient Chocolate Truffles. are also perfectly simple to make, and one of my most popular recipes!
Let me know what you’re baking this Easter weekend,
Easy Peanut Butter Rocky Road
- Creates 8 bars
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter (I used Meridian Rich Roast)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (I use Naturli)
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 125g vegan biscuits, chopped into small pieces (I used Biscoff)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3 handfuls vegan mini marshmallows
- Large pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan set to a low to medium heat, gently melt together the butter and peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat, then add the finely chopped chocolate and cover with a clean tea towel for a few minutes. Stir until smooth, glossy and completely melted – you can gently apply a touch more heat, if needed. Set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Once cooled, stir through the remaining ingredients until they are all completely covered in the melted chocolate. Pour into a lined baking tin (I used a rectangular brownie tin), then press down firmly so that it is compact. Place in the fridge to chill for at least a few hours, then cut into bars and enjoy!