While I love baking and cooking (it’s one of my favourite forms of therapy!), every now and then, I want something a little simpler.
Something that involves zero hours standing over a hot oven, or waiting patiently as my kitchen fills with delicious smells as all manner of treats bake.
These easy, No-Bake Granola Bars are perfect for those lazier days!
They are incredibly simple to make, involve no baking (just a quick melt in the pan – hurrah!) and taste delicious. Buttery, sweet, full of flavour…yum!
Having three small boys to feed, I often find that I can never keep up with their bellies. There is no end to the amount of food they eat, the complaining of empty, hungry stomachs. It’s true what they say: boys eat you out of house and home!
Anyway, having a big batch of these to hand (I always make them on a Sunday afternoon – when I have the chance!) always helps. They make great breakfasts on the go (or breakfasts for those days where you over sleep and have to run!), after school snacks and 3pm energy slumps for my fellow parents!
They’re also packed with goodness and taste delicious. Perfect with a cup of tea!
Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
- Makes 12 bars –
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbsp cashew butter
- 4.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 cups oats, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans and almonds)
- 1 cup dried fruit and seeds (I used raisins, sultanas, cranberries, goji berries and pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
Start by gently melting together the butter and cashew butter. Stir smooth, then whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together your oats, almonds, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, seeds and salt. Pour over the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Line a brownie tin, then press your mixture into the base. Press down firmly – the tighter and more compact your mixture, the better your bars will hold! Place in the fridge overnight to firm up.
- Cut into bars, then eat immediately or store in a container in the fridge until ready to eat. I like to drizzle mine in melted chocolate, too!