While cauliflower porridge may seem pretty bonkers, don’t write me off just yet – this is totally and utterly worth the madness. After all, you’ve had cauliflower pizza and rice, so why not go one step further?
I love cauliflower as it’s so versatile and is packed with vitamins and minerals, as well as anti-inflammatory goodness. It’s one of the few things I always make sure my fridge is stocked with.
Anyway, try this and you’ll soon see why…low-carb, grain-free and perfect for anyone who can’t eat oats, for whatever reason! This is the perfect porridge to enjoy if you’re on a Paleo diet, or if you’re simply looking to boost your nutrients. It’ll keep you going for hours, too!
Creamy, Grain-Free Cauliflower Porridge
- Serves 2-4
- One large cauliflower, broken into florets and blitzed into ‘rice’
- ¾ cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or stevia
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- ½ tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Tip all the ingredients into a saucepan, then bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes, or until cooked. Blend if you want a smoother texture, or leave chunky, then pour into bowls with your choice of toppings and enjoy!