It’s no secret that I love my carbs.
Try as I might, I just could never cut carbs from my diet. They’re as important to me as oxygen, or peanut butter and a spoon.
One of my favourite ways to indulge my carb cravings is with Rizopia brown rice pasta. Gluten-free and completely natural (made with only brown rice and water), incredibly, it tastes just like your white, processed pasta, only it’s much better for you!
You can take your pick from lasagne sheets to spaghetti and penne, but it’s seriously incredible stuff. I get serious withdrawal symptoms if I go too long without my Rizopia…
Anyway, I wanted to create a lighter, more summery pasta dish to enjoy when the warmer hits. A healthier take on a pasta salad. Using my beloved avocado (you know how much I adore that stuff), I thought I’d recreate a classic Avocado Chicken Bacon sandwich in pasta salad form using my favourite creamy avocado pasta sauce recipe. Because, you know, why not…?
The result is this super Creamy Avocado, Chicken & Bacon Pasta Salad (although, this tastes just as delicious warm) which I just could not stop eating. SO good.
Creamy Avocado, Chicken and Pancetta Pasta Salad
- Serves 2
- 200g Rizopia brown rice pasta (I used fusilli)
- Two chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into chunks
- Six slices pancetta, cooked crispy and chopped finely
- Two handfuls of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- One avocado, pitted and chopped
- Two tbsp fresh basil leaves, shredded
- For the avocado sauce:
- One ripe and medium avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp almond milk
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- One garlic clove, minced
- One tsp chilli flakes (or less / more to taste)
- Juice one lime
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then rinse under cold water, drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- In the meantime, make your avocado sauce by blitzing all ingredients together until creamy. Toss the sauce through the cooled pasta, stirring in the tomatoes, basil, cooked chicken breast chunks and bacon pieces.
- Tip into bowls and serve with another squirt of lime juice, if desired, and enjoy!