One of the foods I make more often than anything is granola.
As you know, I am a huge fan of simple, healthy breakfasts that can be pulled together in a matter of minutes for hungry kids (and hungry me too, for that matter!)
This vegan, gluten-free 5-Minute Chocolate & Salted Peanut Skillet Granola speeds things up even more, and takes out the chore of having to faff about with an oven (hurrah!). In fact, it’s made on your hob in a pan / skillet in about five minutes – win, win!
It’s also delicious, salty, sweet and all kinds of addictive.
I think you’ll love it too…
5-Minute Chocolate & Salted Peanut Skillet Granola
- Makes one batch –
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (I used Meridian)
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Place a large pan onto a medium / high heat, then add in your nut butter and butter / coconut oil. Heat until melted, stirring smooth. Whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla, then stir in your dry ingredients (the oats, coconut, cacao, cinnamon and salt).
- Continue to heat the mixture, stirring often, until the oats become fragrant and turn golden in colour (around 3-4 minutes). Turn the heat down if needed.
- Remove your granola from the pan, then allow to cool before stirring through peanuts and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.