Are you ready for all things Valentine’s?
Whether you’re planning on snuggling up with your loved one on February 14, or you want to spoil yourself, let’s face it…something rich, indulgent and chocolatey is the best way to do it!
This dreamy Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse is quick and easy to whip up, but tastes utterly divine. Rich, silky and oh-so-creamy, it’s a chocoholic’s idea of heaven!
It uses just minimal ingredients – including high-protein silken tofu – and vegan Nutella or hazelnut butter, which only serves to add to the decadence.
I hope you enjoy them as much as Amir and I did. The boys devoured it, too!
Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
- Serves 2-4 (they are smallish portions for 4, but very indulgent and rich!)
- 100g dark chocolate, very finely chopped (Use the best quality you can afford!)
- One x 300g package organic silken tofu
- 3-5 tbsp vegan Nutella or hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Pinch salt
- To serve: coconut yoghurt or whipped coconut cream, fresh raspberries and chocolate shards
- Gently melt your chocolate in a bain marie, stirring until completely smooth. Allow to cool slightly for around 5 minutes.
- Add to a blender along with the silken tofu and milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend to combine – add in more Nutella / cacao or maple syrup, to taste, if desired. Spoon into glasses or ramekins and place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt or coconut cream, raspberries and chocolate shards.