Sometimes, eating the same old porridge for breakfast every single day just doesn’t seem all that appealing, does it?
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love porridge. But every now and again, don’t you want something a little bit more decadent, a little bit more sumptuous?
Something, perhaps, like my Chocolate Granola Tart. Actually, something precisely like my Chocolate Granola Tart. I mean, how much do you want a bite of this?
Made completely Paleo and dairy-free / vegan, this tart is an indulgence you could pretty much enjoy every day. I made this with the incredible Paleo Foods Company Grain-Free Granola (I got sent a box of the Honey and Pecan flavour – so good that I honestly had to get someone to hide it!), but you could also try using your own homemade granola too.
Chocolate Granola Tarts
- Serves 2
- For the crust –
- 3/4 cup Paleo Foods Company granola, or homemade granola
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- For the chocolate mousse filling –
- 4 tbsp chocolate Co-Yo
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 0.5 tbsp Creative Nature cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch pink salt
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a high-powered blender, blitz together the granola, coconut oil and honey until sticking together. Press down into two mini tart tins (I use springform for ease), then bake for 12 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- In the meantime, blend together your filling ingredients until completely smooth. Stop to taste and add more sweetener, if desired. Spoon the filling into your cooled tart cases, then scatter over some extra granola and fresh fruit, if desired. Serve and enjoy!