I don’t know about you, but one of my all-time favourite combinations is raspberries, hazelnuts, chocolate and vanilla.
There’s just something so dreamy and indulgent about them and they make the perfect pairing!
These Raw Brownies With Raspberry Chia Jam make the most of those flavours, and are enrobed in a luscious layer of dark chocolate. Because we all know my addiction to chocolate is real!
The kids (and Amir, especially) gobbled these down for pudding last week, so they’re a hit with all ages too!
They’re also great for making with kids (last days of home schooling coming up, hurrah!) as they’re no-bake and can easily be mixed with little hands.
Enjoy them, my chocolate loving friends!
Chocolate-Covered Raw Brownies With Raspberry Chia Jam
- Creates six brownie bites:
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes (reserve the water)
- 1 1/2 cups ground, roasted hazelnuts
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Large pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the chia jam –
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (or more, until you reach desired texture)
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the topping:
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Start by making your chia jam. Heat the raspberries in a pan until they start to break down, adding a small splash of water if needed to prevent it from catching. Remove from the heat and blend or mash smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients, then set aside to cool and thicken (around 20 minutes). If you want your jam slightly thicker, add more chia seeds.
- To make your brownie base, drain your soaked dates (they should be very soft – soak for longer if they aren’t), reserving the date water. Add the dates to your blender, then blend until the dates have broken down and are almost smooth. Add the date water – one tablespoon at a time – if needed, until the dates have broken down. I used 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together ground nuts, cacao, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir in the date paste until well combined.
- Fold in the coconut flour, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is still fudgy but not too sticky to press into your brownie tin. Spoon into six square silicone moulds, pressing down tightly so that the mixture is compact.
- Spread over the thickened chia jam (if you have any leftover, enjoy it on toast!), then place in the freezer to firm up overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and remove from the moulds. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie, stirring smooth. Dunk each frozen bite in the chocolate to cover, then allow to set. Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge.