With two toddlers, a baby, and a full-on job, some days, all I can do to survive the morning is drink bullet-proof coffee. By the gallon.
This clever drink (made by blending grass-fed butter with coffee and coconut oil) is my saviour. It is my rocket fuel, and my favourite morning ritual. Without it, I feel frazzled. I can barely lift my own toes, let alone defuse sibling squabbles, change nappies, feed baby, exercise, fire off emails and tend to work.
Of course, when you’re cradling a baby and trying to pry a 1-year-old from your leg, making coffee isn’t always that easy. Which is why I invented this clever, super simple Bulletproof Peanut Butter Fudge (AKA fat bomb fudge).
Made using the same, core ingredients as Bulletproof Coffee (namely coconut oil and grass-fed butter), this is a perfect pick-me-up which I can just grab from the fridge and enjoy.
In fact, it’s the perfect, tasty snack for anyone with a hectic lifestyle (and, really, don’t we all seem to have one?). Not only does it give you plenty of fuel and energy, but the fats and protein also keep you full for an incredibly long time. It’s also low-carb, sugar-free AND keto-friendly.
Better yet, it can be made it minutes – and all using your store cupboard essentials! What better reason do you need to get to the kitchen?
Bulletproof Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I recommend Meridian)
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter (I use Kerrygold)
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp Sukrin zero calorie icing sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Gently melt together the coconut oil, peanut butter and butter. Stir in the vanilla and then beat in the icing sugar until smooth. Pour into small confectionary cases, then place in the fridge to set.