To me, no week is complete without a cake to indulge in. Actually, strike that – most days aren’t complete without a cake to indulge in.
Raw cheesecakes are always the dessert I like to pull out of the bag when I have friends over. And they’re so delicious, and so un-healthy tasting, that they’ll convince even the most stubborn of eaters – I guarantee that you don’t have to be vegan, or enjoy a healthier lifestyle to love them.
I’ve always loved adding blueberries to my treats because not only are they plump, juicy and utterly divine, but they’re just so incredibly good for you, too. They’re loaded with anti-oxidants, low on the GI scale, have plenty of vitamins C and K and are even thought to prevent urinary tract infections. That’s pretty clever stuff from one little berry, right?
Combining two of my loves is this raw, vegan Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake. Creamy, smooth, fruity and full of flavour, it has everything you could ever hope to ask for in a pud. You will LOVE!
Blueberry & Lemon Cheesecake (Vegan)
- Makes 4 medium cheesecakes or one large
- For the base –
- 1 cup pecans
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- Pinch salt
- For the filling –
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1.5 handfuls frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice 2 lemons
- Zest one lemon
- To make your base, blitz together the nuts until they form a slight crumb. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together. Press into the base of a large, springform tin (or four smaller ones), then place in the freezer to firm up.
- Make your filling by blending together all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, until smooth and completely creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness or blueberry flavour, if needed. Pour in coconut oil and blend once more until combined. Pour over your base, then place in the freezer to set (around 4 hours, or preferably overnight). Remove from the freezer around 15-20 minutes before serving.