It seems that I really can’t get enough of beetroot lately!
From beetroot soup to this vibrant, delicious Beetroot & Apple Superfood Salad, I am eating endless amounts to brighten up even the most dull and grey of days.
This superfood salad was made in collaboration with Jazz apples (who make my favourite apples, FYI!) and is packed with delicious, seasonal goodness to help to re-energise you now that the temperatures are dropping and the nights are drawing in.
Of course, it doesn’t just look beautiful – it also tastes delicious! The earthiness of the beetroot is perfectly balanced by the natural sweetness of the apples, and there’s plenty of crunch and texture in there too.
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do!
Beetroot & Apple Superfood Salad
- Serves 2-4
- Four apples grated or finely sliced – I used Jazz apples and left peel on
- Two medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- Two carrots, grated
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced and shredded
- One cup walnuts, chopped
- One cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- For the dressing –
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice half to one lemon, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1-2 tsp maple syrup (I omit)
Toss together all ingredients for your salad in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, adding more or less lemon juice to taste. Season.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving, then toss to combine. Eat immediately.