I feel very British right now.
All I seem to do is talk about the weather! But, honestly, I have known anything like it. This heat, this sunshine…the last few months have been like living on a desert island, and I am loving it!
The only downside (aside from lack of sleep and sweaty legs!) is that my appetite seems to disappear in the hot weather. All I want to eat are smoothie bowls, ice creams, chia puddings and salsas.
Anyway, this simple Avocado & Mango Salsa is the perfect snack or dish for light, summery meals!
Zesty and refreshing, it’s perfect for dishing up on a boiling evening alongside fresh breads, crackers, pitta or wedges. It also makes a great side dish (if you want something heavier) or even a flavoursome addition to a BBQ!
The combination of mango and avocado is a total dream, and it works beautifully with the zingy citrus flavours of lime and the slight heat from the tabasco sauce.
Add in a bunch of coriander and juicy, sweet tomatoes, and you’re onto a real summer winner!
Better still, it takes just minutes to prepare. And minutes to eat…
Avocado Mango Salsa
- Serves 1-2
- 1 ripe avocado, seed removed and chopped into cubes
- 1 ripe mango, chopped into cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- One handful coriander, finely chopped
- Juice one lime
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (recommended) OR 1/2 to 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl, then season to taste. Serve immediately with crackers, pittas or sweet potato / potato wedges, or cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.