As a mum-of-three, I seem to be fighting off endless sniffles, colds and dreaded sickness bugs.
I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’s part and parcel of becoming a mum – the second your child starts nursery, your life just seems to become an endless conveyor belt of bugs and nasties and, yes, nose wiping. The glamour, eh?
Anyway, whenever I start to feel poorly, I down vats of this immune-boosting Turmeric Latte. And, boy, does it work wonders on cold and flu symptoms!
You see, despite its garish yellow colour (looks like banana milkshake, right?), Turmeric Lattes are incredibly good for you and one of the best possible weapons against the flu season. Turmeric – that mustard yellow spice that lends many curries their vivid colour – is used in many ancient Indian and Chinese medicines as it has the ability to fight off infections and inflammations.
Turmeric is loaded with health benefits and also happens to be a known antioxidant. Combine this with fellow anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredients including coconut oil, honey and ginger and, well, you’re onto a surefire winner.
Drink this up, and you’ll be bouncing round the room or hitting that dance floor in no time…
Immune-Boosting Turmeric Latte
- Serves 1
- 1 cup coconut / almond milk
- 1 – 2 tsp Lucy Bee turmeric powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp raw honey (or more, to taste)
- Pinch black pepper (black pepper enhances our ability to absorb turmeric)
- Heat the cup of milk, then place in a blender with the other ingredients and whizz until smooth. Sweeten more if needed, then pour into a mug and drink!