Who doesn’t love a speedy, healthy, 5-minute recipe? In fact, this recipe probably doesn’t even take that long. Hurrah!
This vegan Chocolate Coconut Mousse is the perfect antidote to mid-week chocolate cravings. Full of delicious, healthy fats and as low in sugar as you like, it’s got all the satisfying, comforting luxury of chocolate, but with none of the nasties.
Any recipe that takes so little effort to prepare (and minimal washing up – always a bonus) gets a gold star in my eyes, especially when I have so little time anyway. In between work, blogging, my three little boys and cooking and cleaning, I’m always frazzled.
For this reason, I always have cans of coconut milk ready-chilled in my fridge. Ideal for any sudden onsets of that dreaded sweet tooth…
5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Serves 2
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cacao (depending on how rich you like your chocolate)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sukrin zero calorie icing sugar OR maple syrup (to taste)
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can (I save the leftover liquid to use in smoothies), then place in a bowl with the cacao and vanilla. Beat together with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy, adding in the sweetener to taste as you go.
- Tip into bowls, then chill in the fridge until firm. Serve with fresh raspberries and a grating of dark chocolate.